|Currently there may be errors shown on top of a page, because of a missing Wiki update (PHP version and extension DPL3).|
Types of past milestones listed (important, significant, minor):
- Discovery of new Mersenne primes.
- Double checking all numbers less than a given Mersenne Prime, thus proving its place in the sequence of MP's (e.g. 'verifying' that M32 and M33 are not M33 and M34).
- Testing all numbers less than a given Mersenne Prime once.
- Double checking all numbers below some xx,000,000 threshold.
- Testing all numbers below some xx,000,000 threshold once.
Current progress milestones listed:
- "All exponents below xx,xxx,xxx have been tested and double-checked"
- "All exponents below xx,xxx,xxx have been tested at least once"
- Indicates that every Mersenne number (with a prime exponent), below the number listed, has a known factor or has had at least one Lucas-Lehmer test performed on it.
- "Countdown to testing all exponents below M(xxxxxxxx) once: z,zzz"
- Indicates how many Mersenne numbers (with a prime exponent), below the Mersenne prime listed, do not have a known factor and have not at least one Lucas-Lehemer test.
- "Countdown to proving M(xxxxxxxx) is the YY th Mersenne Prime: zzz,zzz"
- Indicates how many first time L-L tests and double checks (combined) are needed to double check all Mersenne numbers (with a prime exponent), below the Mersenne prime listed (thus proving its place in the sequence of MP's).